A revised version of the core setting book for the Mythic setting is almost ready for release. Within the next couple weeks the book will be made available on DriveThruRPG in pdf format.
In addition to some cleaning up of the text and adding in a couple new pieces of art, some of the changes made to the new version of Mythic include:
Two new locations
– Syrna; an Illosian city that has prospered thanks to it’s mighty army
– Loch Bannagh; a lake on the island of Pridith that is home to a large number of evil Sidhe, and one of the biggest and meanest lock monsters ever to have existed.
Three new monsters
– Daughters of Arachne; horrible spider/human hybrids descended from a princess who was cursed by the goddess Athena.
– Dullahan; evil Sidhe horsemen who carry their own severed heads and a whip made of human spines.
– Winged Serpents; giant vipers with feathery wings that are so violent they’ll even turn on each other and fight to the death
Duties of the Priesthood
Before, each deity had a list of duties that gave examples of certain jobs and modes of behaviour possessed by worshippers. That never really seemed to fit right, so Duties has been replaced with Duties of the Priesthood. Simple worshippers typically don’t have to adhere to the same rules, codes of behaviour, and expected jobs, that true priests and priestesses do. In the revised boo, priests and priestesses must follow the Duties of the Priesthood associated with their particular deity. Others who simply worship the deity are expected to do their best at following the Duties of the Priesthood, but aren’t required to in order to keep their position as priest or priestess.